Saturday, July 16, 2011

Update

Well I sit here just a bit disappointed. My NP calls me yesterday morning and says since my "Bishop" score was right on edge and they were short staffed this weekend, they would not be inducing me Saturday. However she wanted me to go into the hospital to get the gel on my cervix to help ripen things... So Friday morning at 10:00 we heading up to the hospital. The MD on call checked me and I still was a 2-3 dilated and 50% effaced. The gel stayed in for about 2 hours while the monitored baby. Once the two hours were up they sent us home. They didn't even re-check my cervix which I thought was odd, but maybe was also glad they didn't because I'm afraid if it didn't help thin it out or I hadn't made progress I would have been disappointed. So know we wait all weekend for baby boy to come on his own. They did set up for me to come in Monday morning @ 03:00 a.m to be induced if baby didn't come. That's the latest and greatest folks..

3 comments:

  1. Ughhh sorry you are disappointed. thanks for the update! Monday morning will be here before you know it...fingers crossed that all goes well and you have a wonderfully smooth delivery!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh I'm sorry honey! I'm crossing my fingers that you go on your own before Monday! Maybe that membrane stripping will cause your water to break. Love your 40 week pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, does that mean if you go into labor and are ready to deliver on your own they will ask you to not push and wait because they are "short staffed"? I have never heard that one before. Monday will soon be here so hang on :) I hope that little monkey decides TODAY is the day he will make his arrival!!!!

    ReplyDelete