Monday, August 9, 2010

Trying to be optimistic

So this past Friday we had a "follow up" with our MD. It was tough seeing everyone and hearing every one's apologies. It is hard to know what to say to someone in this situation, but we could tell everyone had been rooting for us.

I felt a lot more on the positive side after we talked to him though. Mostly b/c we now have another plan in place. (I'm more calm and feel better when I have details laid out in front of me and can plan more)

The MD said I should be having a withdraw period within the next two weeks (It will be a week since no hormones on Wed, and still no spotting or anything)
Then my cycle day one of next month we can plan for an IUI ! He wants me to take a low dose of clomid as well and explained risks of multiples, but to be quite honest, I think we were both prepared/secretly wanted twins, so the risk of multiples wasn't an issue and if the clomid will increase the chances overall of getting us prego, I'm all for it.

So that's the latest and greatest... I guess I will try to enjoy this month off from everything. I have a good friend from college coming to visit me next Wednesday so I'm very much looking forward to that, and to have a ice cold beer!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you get to try again so soon. a month off will be good for you mentally and physically.

    ReplyDelete